Monday, May 14, 2012

Review: L'oreal Hydrafresh Aqua Gel



I have always been a sucker for anything that is "hydra" or "aqua" boosted. Since I've been wanting to try something that is budget-savvy, I decided to give the L'oreal Hydrafresh Aqua Gel a go (plus, it was on a sale at the time of purchase - that's a plus point there!).



L'oreal Hydrafresh Aqua Gel is formulated with pure spa water that's rich in minerals to provide the skin with intense all-day hydration. 




The texture is lightweight and it absorbs easily into the skin, and it has this cooling effect and refreshing smell I must say. When applying it on my skin, it doesn't feel greasy but it does tend to make my face looks shiny (strange, I know). I do feel like it hydrates my skin well, but I'm not sure whether it is sufficient for dry skin as the amount of moisture seems to be just enough for oily/normal skin (I'm guessing that more intense hydration is needed for dry skin type).




But unfortunately, after one week of usage, I noticed that my neck got realllyy itchy and some weird spots started to develop on the neckline, so much so that they looked like hickies! And my face started to have this "burning" feeling when I applied it on my face from that point on. How bizarre. I generally do not have sensitive skin i.e. I can slab on most of the products available in the market, high end ones as well as drugstore ones, and they should be able to perform the job. I'd love this one to work though, given the reasonable price. Not the case for the L'oreal Hydrafresh Aqua Gel I guess. :( 


I checked again the ingredients, to see whether there's anything alarming there, but then again, I wasn't sure what could that be. Could it be Calcium? Magnesium? Copper? Or Manganese? (These are the main ingredients in this moisturiser). Well, I guess I would have to be more careful then, whenever I see these ingredients in any of the products in the market.


Have you tried L'oreal Hydrafresh Aqua Gel before? Or using one now? What's your take on it? Do share! :)


Kisses,
Aza


Product mentioned in this post:
L'oreal Hydrafresh Aqua Gel - RM24 / 50ml

No comments:

Post a Comment